Lupita Nyong’o looked absolutely lovely at last night’s Oscars.
The Academy-award winning actress stunned in an eye-catching pearl-embroidered cream Calvin Klein gown that flattered her figure and complemented her beautiful complexion. While her dress was nothing short of show-stopping, it was her natural hair that really pulled her ensemble together.
Celebrity hairstylist Larry Sims created the star’s winning coif. Instead of giving her an out-of-the box look, he opted for a more traditional style. “We went for a classic, more rounded look that played off the pearls and texture of her dress, avoiding asymmetric, angular lines and edges,” he said.
If you’re a fellow naturalista rocking a tight crop and want to copy Lupita’s sophisticated look, Sims shares how he achieved the style with the help of Smooth ‘N Shine products in a few simple steps.
Check them out below:
1. Dampen hair with a warm towel to soften the texture
2. Apply Smooth ‘N Shine Smooth Olive & Tea Tree RevivOil Wrap & Set Mousse paired with Smooth ‘N Shine Argan Power 10 Styling Gel to create tiny ringlets with a small rattail comb throughout the whole head, starting at the nape of neck and moving to the front
3. Attached hooded dryer for 30 minutes or until hair is dry
4. Once completely dry, take a large tooth bone comb and lift the ringlets to break up the texture for added volume
5. Liberally spray Smooth ‘N Shine Instant Repair Spray-On Polisher for added shine and smooth out any fly-aways and frizzies
What did you think of Lupita’s look?